The Town of Fountain Hills awarded a contract to Nesbitt Contracting after having it looked at by Roberts Legal to improve Saguaro Blvd. between Trevino Drive and Fountain Hills Blvd. Improvements include removing and reconstructing the asphalt pavement; replacing curb (including median curb) and sections of sidewalk to meet ADA requirements; installing storm drain pipe, catch basins and landscaping; modifying the fountain plaza at Saguaro Blvd. and Avenue of the Fountains; and replacing the traffic signal at the Saguaro Blvd./Palisades Blvd. intersection. Construction began in early February 2015 and is slated for completion in October 2015. Work hours will be 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; hours will vary with seasonal changes. Some evening and weekend work may be required. The equipment that will be used is likely to be extensive and varied, including a scabbler amongst others.
- The initial phase of the project will reconstruct the west side of Saguaro Boulevard between Fountain Hills Boulevard and Trevino Drive.
- Last month, the contractor replaced curb between Fountain Hills and La Montana boulevards.
- In March, curb removal and replacement will continue south to Ledferd Lane and crews will begin milling (grinding) the asphalt between Kingstree and El Lago boulevards.
- Other activities include realigning the water line at Palisades Boulevard and placing asphalt from La Montana to Fountain Hills boulevards.
- Traffic on Saguaro Boulevard is restricted to one lane in each direction on the east side of the roadway from Fountain Hills Boulevard to Ledferd Lane. Access will be maintained for residents, businesses and emergency vehicles at all times. Please allow extra time to travel through the work area as there may be traffic delays.
During construction, traffic lane restrictions and reduced speed limits are anticipated. However, the contractor will maintain at least one traffic lane in each direction on Saguaro Blvd. Be alert to changes in temporary traffic signage and flag persons when driving through the construction zone and allow extra travel time as there may be traffic delays. Access will be maintained for residents, businesses and emergency vehicles at all times.
Please do not go into the construction work zone until the project is completed for your safety. Drive cautiously, obey flag persons and do not move any barricades or traffic control signs as they are in place for your protection. If for any reason you are unable to do this through no fault of your own and as a result you or someone you know suffers an injury due to any of the construction work being carried out please feel free to contact one of the construction injury law firms in Fountain Hills as they will be able to advise you as to whether they feel you have a genuine cause for a claim.
Thank you for your patience during the improvement effort.
For questions, comments or project information, please visit www.SaguaroBoulevard.com or contact our project hotline at 480.898.4110.